Friday, July 31, 2009

Mr. Justice Robot

I'll admit I haven't been following the Sotomayor nomination as much as I should be. The quick overview:
• I found her life story, at least what was in a lengthy feature in the NY Times a while ago, to be compelling. Based on that alone, I like and respect her personally -- again, with very limited information.
• I think she'll be a fine Justice, and imagine Justice Ginsberg will be very happy to have another "Ms. Justice."
• I'm almost embarrassed to say I haven't read a single one of her opinions -- a relative rarity for me. (Haven't been up to it this summer!)

Regardless of how much I know about her, this always rings true: I HATE the constitutionally necessary evil of mixing politics with judging. And this article, from the National Law Journal, nicely sums up why. Enjoy!
Judging is both robotic and discretionary (for the record, I like my title better)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home